Volunteering at Hospice
Volunteers play an integral role in the care Benton Hospice Service provides by sharing their helping hands, listening ears, and warm hearts. Whether in a patient's home or at the hospice office, volunteers make a difference on a daily basis as they give many kinds of compassionate, practical help. Volunteers go through a thorough training program to prepare them for whatever type of volunteering they choose to do.
Whether in a patient's home or at the hospice office, volunteers offer many kinds of compassionate, practical help.
A volunteer can help by:
- providing patients companionship, support, and personal care
- giving caregivers much-needed breaks
- helping with errands and household chores
- preserving life stories
- playing music or singing
- visiting with a therapy dog
- taking a patient on an outing
- sewing gowns, slippers, and pillows
- sitting quietly with someone during the last hours of life
- encouraging bereaved family members as they make adjustments
- assisting Benton Hospice Service office staff with routine tasks as well as special projects
Learn more about the types of volunteers at Benton Hospice Service
Volunteer application & forms:
Click to Download Volunteer Application
Click to view Volunteer Driver Agreement
View Position Description for Volunteers with Patient Contact
Call 541-757-9616 or email Benton Hospice volunteer services for more information.