Palliative Care Case Management & Eligibility
ABOUT PALLIATIVE CARE CASE MANAGEMENT
Palliative Care Case Management focuses on improving your quality of life and comfort when you are facing a serious illness or complicated medical decisions. Our interdisciplinary Palliative Care team works with you and your provider to help relieve pain and other uncomfortable symptoms while you continue all usual care, which may include curative treatments. We provide interdisciplinary care and 24/7 nursing support for symptoms, to you at your residence. We help you avoid hospital and emergency room visits, and help you plan for the future.
- You live in the Mid-Willamette Valley and are facing serious illness: for example, cancer, or advanced heart, kidney, liver, neurological, or pulmonary disease.
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You have a primary care provider or specialist who oversees your care and agrees to collaborate with our team on your care.
- You have active symptoms that are causing distress.
- You desire support in comprehensive advance care planning. This may include help with issues such as: identifying an appropriate surrogate decision-maker, talking to friends and family about one’s condition, or mediating family conflict about your desired care.
- Specific conditions and services covered will depend on your insurance benefits.
THE PALLIATIVE CARE CASE MANAGEMENT TEAM CONSISTS OF:
• Nurses on duty 24/7 for advice or home visits
• Board-certified palliative care medical director
• A social worker
• Volunteer support
• Chaplaincy and home health aide (depending on insurance)
For more information please contact our office at 541.757.9616 or email email@example.com